149 IKOT EKPENE ROAD, UYO
Coronavirus PANDEMIC: APC DEMANDS ACCOUNTABILITY ON PALLIATIVES AND DONATIONS
1. Result of the #EndSARS fight has left a jigsaw puzzle in Akwa Ibom state. The postponement by Udom’s legislature to represent palliatives and money related commitments has gotten significantly more troubling than even the COVID19 pandemic itself.
While Governor Udom Emmanuel choses to live trying to claim ignorance, the individuals especially the more youthful age bunch whose ongoing sit back is palliative chasing are tenacious in the quest for answers to gifts got by government both in real money and kind for the administration of the dangerous Covid-19 pandemic.
2. It is on record and great record that the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN), International Donor Agencies, Corporate Nigeria and devoted people have made colossal commitments to the legislature to deal with the pandemic. Lamentably, Akwa Ibom State Covid-19 Management Committee has not indicated the politeness nor considered it important to distribute record of receipts and consumptions in accordance with the standard set by the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on Covid-19.
3. Talking during one of the media visits on Covid-19, Governor Udom Emmanuel stated that “We have spent over N3Billion on Covid-19 with no kobo from the FGN”. Curiously, the declaration by Governor Udom was exposed by Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State who as of late unveiled in a media visit that State Governors got the amount of N1Billion each from the FGN and what’s more N1.1Billion from the World Bank for the executives of Covid-19. It was likewise detailed that the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) gave N100Million to every one of the nine Niger Delta conditions of which Akwa Ibom State is a section.
4. Notwithstanding money, material gifts of grouped food things and clinical hardware were made to the Government of Akwa Ibom State by the FGN, NDDC, Ca-Covid, other corporate elements and energetic people. We review that in the months June/July, 2020 Akwa Ibom State Government in a most foreboding way partook in small nylon sacks hopeless amount of “Not Enough for The Family” palliatives of rice, garri and flour affirmed to be results of Governor Udom apparition businesses. Indecently, the Government bragged its front sightedness, Agric-ability and ability to take care of the individuals.
5. In an intentional and acclimated way, frequently expected to down play and consign the commitments of the APC-drove FGN for his administration, no exposure was made to people in general of palliatives gave by the FGN, NDDC, Ca-Covid, other Corporate associations and people. While conceding gift of 1,800 (50Kg) packs of rice from the FGN, Udom derogatively portrayed it as Custom fortified blessing not useful for human utilization. He taunted that the rice had lapsed and developed mucor consequently losing its normal tone. In one expansiveness, Udom said the rice was of no utilization and better unloaded in the riverine and in another, he said the rice test has been shipped off the research center for a thorough investigation. A while after and uncaring toward Covid-19 instigated hunger, Government is yet to reveal the status of the 1,800 sacks of 50kg rice nor circulate the combination of palliatives which it adamantly held and put away in its stockrooms.
6. Following the irate and upset Nigerian adolescents that are leaving on forceful chase for Covid-19 palliatives, it is very intriguing at this point that the administration embraces the sharing of those things to the individuals of Akwa Ibom straightforwardly now as opposed to putting them aside to take care of
7. It isn’t clear for what reasons and to whose gain the palliatives are being stored. Unverified sources state it is being put away to be re-stowed by the State Government as Christmas presents in December. Good judgment directs that it is smarter to string on the way of alert and intelligence. APC is of the supposition that it is to the greatest advantage of Government and the individuals for Deacon Udom Emmanuel to confess all and render record of both money related commitments and palliatives gave to the State. Benefactors of these things ought to be recognized and acknowledged freely.
8. At long last, however not confirmed, the claim of the impact and presence of IPOB in the massacre that occurred in Uyo on Thursday, October 22nd 2020 which prompted the vandalization of APC party State secretariat involves genuine concern. It leaves one to ask why our APC party office ought to be the main party office vandalized in a State represented by PDP government. As affirmed, the lateness of the State Government and tepid way to deal with knowledge report is condemnable. We anticipate that State Government should be alive to its obligation by being front located and proactive. APC Akwa Ibom State therefore asks the Government of Akwa Ibom State to tow the way of the Rivers State government where HE, Governor Nyesom Wike has made a strong and proactive stride to fortify the ban of IPOB by marking an Executive Order with that impact. This, to an enormous degree, will fill in as a pre-emptive measure to prevent any future commitment of the restricted association from purportedly aging difficulty in the State.
State Publicity Secretary
Saturday, November 7 2020.
Politics1 week ago
BREAKING!: Obaseki set To Dump PDP
Big Story7 days ago
You close Border with each nation and open it for Niger Republic, are you from there? – Omokri asks Buhari
Crime3 weeks ago
Dramatization As Wife, Side Chic Meet At Airport To Welcome Husband From Abroad
Church5 days ago
PASTOR ISRAEL STORY: True Account of What Happened Between Prophet Israel and Mrs Laide
Big Story4 days ago
Lekki shootings: CNN Releases another Report
Entertainment1 month ago
Blogger, DEE On His Birthday
Relationship3 weeks ago
I won’t stop Marry until I discover Mr Right , Says Woman who has been married multiple times
Politics3 weeks ago
U.S Election: Jonathan finally speaks, Tells Donald Trump What To Do..